Setting Up a Model B Kiosk
COVID-19 has made many things difficult compared to our pre-pandemic world, including installing the kiosks. Thank you for working through this with us to make it happen as safely as possible for your staff, vendors, and clients.
Setting up your new Model B kiosk should take 5-10 minutes. You just need a screwdriver and the equipment supplied to get your kiosk up and running.
Parts you'll need (provided)
- Dell computer (monitor with a base)
- Black computer power cord
- Mounting arm
- Vesa plate bracket
- Bag of assorted screws
Tools you'll need (not provided)
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Attach the monitor
The video tutorial shows this step done without having removed the plate bracket from the end of the mounting arm first. It is possible, but it's a bit more difficult.
- On the back of the computer, lift up on the tab and pull gently on the monitor to release it from the stand.
- Remove the plate bracket on the end of the mounting arm
- Lay the monitor flat with the screen side down and place the plate bracket on top so that the holes in the 4 corners are aligned with those on the back of the monitor.
- Use the short screws supplied in the bag to attach the bracket to the monitor.
- Connecting the cables
- Connect the power cable from the port behind the monitor and plug it into the wall
- Connect the mouse and keyboard by inserting the USB ends into the slots on the back of the monitor.
- The cables can be tucked into the channel on the underside of the mounting arm to keep them out of the way.