Joining a Video Meeting
Model B kiosks are perfect for attending a meeting with an attorney, participating in a virtual clinic, or attending a court hearing online. Model B kiosks are set up with Zoom software already, so all you need is your meeting information. Before attempting to sign in to a meeting, please make sure you have the information below.
- Meeting date and time
- Meeting ID or Meeting Room Name and password information so you can log into the right meeting
To learn more about the differences between a Model A and Model B kiosk, read more here.
Joining with Zoom
Each Zoom meeting has a unique number called a meeting ID that will be required to join a meeting. This is an example of a Zoom invitation you might receive from someone that wants to schedule a meeting with you.
Someone is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 123 4567 8910
- Make sure you are using a Model B kiosk mounted on a table, and not a Model A kiosk mounted to a cart.
- Follow the onscreen prompts, selecting Virtual Meeting and Launch Zoom.
- A new tab in your browser will open, prompting you to input your Meeting ID number from the meeting's organizer.
- This will launch the Zoom application, prompting you to input the password.
- You will need to make sure your kiosk's camera is open. There is a pop-up, retractable webcam at the top of your kiosk's monitor. You can push down on the top of it to release it. Once it is popped up, it will work.
- Once you input the meeting information, you've joined the meeting! If you do not automatically see the other meeting members, you might have to wait a minute or two until the host starts the meeting and lets you in. You might see something that looks like this, but don't worry- your meeting will start soon!
Changing Your Name
When you enter a Zoom meeting, you will automatically enter with the name "Kiosk". Please make sure to change your name so others can see who they are speaking with.
- Once you're in a Zoom meeting, click on Participants on the bottom tool-bar. This should
bring up a list of the meeting participants on the right of your screen.
- Hover your mouse over your name until you see the button for More >.
- Click on More > and then on Rename.
- Please enter your first and last name. Then click OK.
You should now see your real name listed.
Read our other support articles to learn how to share your screen, give another meeting participant remote control of your kiosk during a virtual meeting, and using a document camera.