Joining a Video Meeting
Model B kiosks are perfect for attending a meeting with an attorney, participating in a virtual clinic, or attending a court hearing online. Model B kiosks are set up with Zoom software already, so all you need is your meeting information. Before attempting to sign in to a meeting, please make sure you have the information below.
- Meeting date and time
- Meeting ID or Meeting Room Name and password information so you can log into the right meeting
To learn more about the differences between a Model A and Model B kiosk, read more here.
Joining with Zoom
Each Zoom meeting has a unique number called a meeting ID that will be required to join a meeting. This is an example of a Zoom invitation you might receive from someone that wants to schedule a meeting with you.
Someone is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 123 4567 8910
- Make sure you are using a Model B kiosk mounted on a table, and not a Model A kiosk mounted to a cart.
- Follow the onscreen prompts, selecting Virtual Meeting and Launch Zoom.
- A new tab in your browser will open, prompting you to input your Meeting ID number from the meeting's organizer.
- This will launch the Zoom application, prompting you to input the password.
- You will need to make sure your kiosk's camera is open. There is a pop-up, retractable webcam at the top of your kiosk's monitor. You can push down on the top of it to release it. Once it is popped up, it will work.
- Once you input the meeting information, you've joined the meeting! If you do not automatically see the other meeting members, you might have to wait a minute or two until the host starts the meeting and lets you in. You might see something that looks like this, but don't worry- your meeting will start soon!
Changing Your Name
When you enter a Zoom meeting, you will automatically enter with the name "Kiosk". Please make sure to change your name so others can see who they are speaking with.
- Once you're in a Zoom meeting, click on Participants on the bottom tool-bar. This should
bring up a list of the meeting participants on the right of your screen.
- Hover your mouse over your name until you see the button for More >.
- Click on More > and then on Rename.
- Please enter your first and last name. Then click OK.
You should now see your real name listed.