Kiosk Models - Model A vs. Model B
To meet the unique needs of all communities across our state, the kiosks have been customized for legal aid programs and their community partners. There are two basic kiosk models, one that is public-facing and one that requires a confidential setting.
Both the Model A and the Model B kiosks have the same computer base. For more information on the model and specification, please refer to the user manual.
Both the Model A and the Model B kiosks have the same software installed, ensuring security and consistency across devices, including:
- Program security by disabling USB drives, disk drives, network-based storage, and unauthorized user actions
- A secure environment by allowing limited IP addresses, URLs, and intended software functionality
- A centralized, cloud-based management console
- Splashtop: Remote connection software that facilitates remote work with legal services staff
- DeepFreeze: Kiosk software that will provide a customized user experience, limitations to usability for a secure environment, and a centralized, cloud-based management console
The Model A Legal Kiosk is a public-facing kiosk that serves as a community access point to civil legal justice. These kiosks connect users to civil legal information, self-help services, and statewide civil legal aid intake. Kiosk users can attend meetings with their attorney, and appear virtually as needed while represented by the Legal Aid Program, however the kiosk will need to be moved into a private room. Model A kiosks are mounted on a cart. For instructions on setting up your Model A kiosk, read more here.
The Model B Legal Kiosk is a Legal Aid Program focused kiosk that serves as a virtual portal to the individual Legal Aid program managing the kiosk. Applicants and/or clients can be directed to Model B kiosks for tasks such as intake, meetings with their attorney, and appearing virtually as needed while represented by the Legal Aid Program. Model B kiosks are mounted to a desk. For instructions on setting up your Model B kiosk, read more here.
All Model B kiosks include a black and white printer with scan and copy capabilities. For more information on using the printers with the Model B, read more here. For troubleshooting a printer issue, please read more here. For model specifications, please see the manufacturer's product support page.