Starting and Ending a Kiosk Session
How to Start a Session
There are a few ways to start a new session:
- If someone was using the kiosk before you and forgot to end their session, follow the directions below under How to End a Session. This will automatically launch a new session for you.
- If the kiosk is asleep, move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard to wake it up. This will automatically start a new session.
How to End a Session
To end a session, you must minimize or close out all the open windows. This will bring you to the desktop where you should see the red "End Session" button. Click the button to end the session and clear all of your data and saved documents. This will automatically launch a new session for the next user.
How to Find the Options
You can always find the main menu wherever you are in the kiosk in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Here you will find some icons.
- Web Browser: this icon will launch our main menu that can connect you with resources, programs, and free legal assistance. You can also use this as a normal web browser to check your email or surf the web.
- Kiosk Desktop: this icon will bring you to the desktop of the kiosk as seen in the first image above. Here you can end a session, start scanning, or launch the web browser.
- Scanner Window: You will only see this if you are scanning.