Setting Up a Model A Kiosk
COVID-19 has made many things difficult compared to our pre-pandemic world, including installing the kiosks. Thank you for working through this with us to make it happen as safely as possible for your staff, vendors, and clients.
Setting up your new Model A kiosk should take 10-15 minutes. You'll need a screwdriver and maybe some zip ties to gather your cables at the end.
Parts you'll need (provided)
- Dell computer (monitor with a base)
- Black computer power cord
- Grey coiled power cable
- Mounting arm
- Vesa plate bracket
- Bag of assorted screws
- Keys to lock the back of the cart
- Cable clips
Tools you'll need (not provided)
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Zip ties or velcro (optional)
- Prep the cart
- Unlock the back of the cart with the keys provided and set the cover to the side.
- Plug the large grey coiled power cable into the bottom of the cart's tray and flip the metal clip to secure it.
- Attach the monitor
- On the back of the computer, lift up on the tab and pull gently on the monitor to release it from the stand.
- Lay the monitor flat with the screen side down and place the plate bracket on top so that the holes in the 4 corners are aligned with those on the back of the monitor.
- Use the short screws supplied in the bag to attach the bracket to the monitor.
- Take the mounting arm and slide it from the bottom over the plate bracket until it clicks into place.
- Once attached, insert the base of the mounting arm into the hole on the top of the cart. Your monitor should now be attached to the cart and you should able to pivot the screen.
- Attach the power cord
- With the black power cord that came with the computer, thread the female end through the compartment that you opened in Step 1 at the back of the kiosk, and thread it down through a hole so it comes out under the cart's tray.
- Pull the cord so there is enough slack to thread it around the side of the tray and plug it into the back of the monitor.
- Plug the male end of the cord into the small black power strip inside the compartment in the back of the cart. Pull any excess slack into the compartment.
- Hook up the mouse and keyboard
This keyboard is temporary. The current keyboard does not fit on the keyboard shelf so it must go on top of the tray. We are currently ordering new keyboards that will fit. Stay tuned for an update!
- Place the mouse on the cart's tray and feed the USB end of the mouse back through the opening, up through the oval hole, and into the compartment at the back of the cart.
- Thread it back out of the compartment by following the power cord from Step 3. Feed the mouse cable through the same hole, around the side of the tray, and plug it into the USC slot on the back of the monitor.
- Set the keyboard on top of the tray and plug the USB cable into the slot at the bottom of the left side of the monitor.
- Tidy up your cables
If you're using a more permanent solution, consider leaving out the keyboard cable as you will need to swap out the cable once we distribute the new keyboard models.
- Use the cable clips provided. You can also grab a zip tie or some velcro and bundle the cables together. Tie them to the side so they are not in the way.
- Seal the cart
- Slide the cover you removed in Step 1 into the back of the cart. Turn the keys to lock into place.
- Plug the big grey coiled power cable into the wall and make sure the rocker switch behind the base of the plug under the cart is switched on.